Organic Buckwheat Hulls - 4kg, 6kg, 10kg
- New Zealand grown and milled, plus certified organic
- Popular as pillow fill
- Buckwheat hulls or husks are considered desirable pillow stuffing material because there is less risk of exposure to allergens than pillows that contain down (feathers) or synthetic fibres.
- They also resist dust mites and other pests, including bed bugs.
- Pillows filled with buckwheat hulls also conduct and reflect less heat than those filled with synthetic materials.
- Used alone or combined with rice or dried herbs, buckwheat hulls are ideal for making eye and neck pillows to help ease fatigue and tense muscles.
- In addition to household pillow use, buckwheat hulls are traditionally used to fill putuans or zafus, the round pillows that Zen Buddhists sit upon during meditation.
5 -10kg is the right amount if you want to make and fill a new standard sized, buckwheat pillow, or need to replace all the hulls in an existing pillow.
4kg is the right amount if you want to add additional hulls to refresh/replump your exisisting buckwheat pillow. Or if you are making a smaller cushion.