- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 3 fresh green chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- dash of cayenne
- dash of turmeric
- dash of ground cumin
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups water
- sesame oil for frying
In a medium bowl, combine the chickpea flour, onion, parsley, ginger, chilies, coriander, salt, baking soda, cayenne, turmeric and cumin.
Add enough of the water until you have a semi-thick batter and whisk with a fork. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
In a small non-stick frying pan, heat a few teaspoons of oil over medium heat. When hot, ladle about 1/2 cup into the pan and shape into a circle with the bottom of the ladle. Fry for a few minutes until the ends begin to brown, sprinkle with a bit of oil, and flip and cook for another minute or two.
Transfer to a plate and keep warm in a 150° oven. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Simple, spicy and savory Indian crepes — roll up your favorite foods inside and enjoy