Ceres Pumpkin Seeds (organic, whole) - 900g
Pumpkin Seeds are not only delicious, but also provide many health benefits. Here are just ten:
1. Prostate Protection - They promote overall prostate health and alleviate the difficult urination associated with an enlarged prostate.
2. Improved Bladder Function - In some studies, pumpkin seed extracts improved bladder function in animals.
3. Depression Treatment - They contain L-tryptophan, a compound naturally effective against depression.
4. Prevention of Osteoporosis - Because they are high in zinc, pumpkin seeds are a natural protector against osteoporosis. Low intake of zinc is linked to higher rates of osteoporosis.
5. Natural Anti-Inflammatory - Pumpkin seeds effectively reduce inflammation without the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.
6. Prevention of Kidney Stones - They prevent calcium oxalate kidney stone formation, according to studies.
7. Treatment of Parasites - They are used in many cultures as a natural treatment for tapeworms and other parasites. Studies also show them to be effective against acute schistosomiasis, a parasite contracted from snails.
8. Great Source of Magnesium - 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds contains 92% of your daily value of magnesium, a mineral in which most Americans are deficient.
9. Lower Cholesterol - Pumpkin seeds contain phytosterols, compounds that that have been shown to reduce levels of LDL cholesterol.
10. Cancer Prevention - The same phytosterols that lower cholesterol also protect against many cancers.
Organically grown in China.